Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Picking a disease to research, I chose  Creutzfeldt , or Jakob Disease. Mainly because it isn't well known, I've certainly never heard of it before. If I were to choose one disease to CURE, it would probably be cancer, because it affects so many people. I'm guessing everyone will do that, and I already know about it, so here are a few facts on Creutzfeldt disease.
-There is no cure
-It starts by progressive memory loss
-The disease was discovered around 1920
-It is a disease that affects the brain, similar to Mad Cow disease
-Usually affects people around the age of 68
-Progression of the disease can take from 3-14 months before it becomes fatal
Because this disease is not curable, to help people living with Creutzfeldt, do your best to support them. Eventually they may not remember who you are, but be there for them as much as you can.  Hope this was informational for you!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this disease. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds horrible! I've never heard of it before; I don't even know how to pronounce it.

    ReplyDelete