Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Advice for high school

     Last night, I talked with my older sister, who is currently a Sophomore, about what it's like to be in high school. She says it's a lot like middle school, but you have new teachers, and more freedom to choose what classes you're interested in.
     There are of course new students, so you have more people who are interested in what you like and you usually make a few new friends. You get to mingle with students in other grades as well, which can be fun.
Although the idea of going to a bigger school with more people may seem intimidating, she says it's really not. Just like you were nervous for middle school, and it ended up being much better than elementary, the same goes for transitioning from middle to high school.
     As for advice goes, just do your best. Stay organized, so you get things in on time. Manage your time so you don't get overwhelmed, and set aside time to study so when tests come up, you know the material. She says high school is less about blending in, and more about finding out who you are, being yourself, and learning what you're interested in.
     Personally, I am nervous about high school, but I was nervous about middle school too, so I'm sure it will be fine. This is the last stage, until independence, until college. I guess I will just try to enjoy it and do my best. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment